- About Us
- Community Resources
- Natomas Schools
- Neighborhood Associations
- Creekside Natomas Neighborhood Association
- Gardenland/Northgate Neighborhood Association
- Heritage Park Owners Association
- Natomas Park Master Association
- Regency Park Neighborhood Association
- River Oaks Community Association
- Terrace Park Neighborhood Association
- Valley View Acres Community Association
- Witter Ranch Community Alliance
- Crime & Safety
- Youth Activities
- Service Orgs
- Business Corner
- Chamber of Commerce
- Local Agencies
CalRecycle Launches "Green Roads" Campaign
The California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery, also known as CalRecycle, is working to advance its tire waste reduction efforts and promote the use of tire derived products. It is CalRecycle’s goal to reduce the amount of tires that occupy California’s landfills by putting unwanted tires to use through its “Green Roads” program.
The “Green Roads” program promotes the use of shredded or ground scrap tires in paving and construction projects, keeping old tires out of landfills and away from fields and alleyways. These recycled tires can be used as inexpensive backfill behind retaining walls, or as an asphalt additive with many benefits such as durability, and noise reduction. Using recycled tires to build greener roads is not only good for the environment; it’s good for the bottom line.
CalRecycle has developed a website to provide information about tire derived products and its “Green Roads” campaign. The website, PavingGreenRoads.com, has a multitude of online resources that your residents will find useful and informative.